One of the most well-known platforms for creating ecommerce websites is Shopify, which is also popular in Thailand. Despite the fact that Shopify is extensively utilized, many potential users are unaware of how to use it. Therefore, in this article, we will give you detailed information you need about Shopify in Thailand 2023.
What is Shopify?
Shopify is a SaaS ecommerce platform that provides a great, user-friendly platform for online businesses, especially suitable for starters who has little to no knowledge of how ecommerce field operates. It’s the biggest platform to build an ecommerce website in the world. Small businesses can create online stores to sell goods on websites or through social media using the well-known ecommerce platform Shopify. Additionally, the business offers point-of-sale, or POS, software that small businesses can employ in their physical locations.
You can accomplish more with Shopify’s add-ons. Several notable add-ons are Shopify Payments, which is used to accept credit cards, Shopify Shipping, which creates shipping labels and offers shipping discounts, and Shopify Markets, which enables companies to sell globally. Obviously, these add-ons may result in additional costs.
How does Shopify operate?
Your entire business is integrated onto a single platform via Shopify.
With Shopify, entrepreneurs can create and personalize an online store and market their products via social media, online marketplaces, pop-up shops, web, mobile, in-person, brick-and-mortar locations, and other channels.
Here is a description of Shopify’s operation:
- – Create your ecommerce website: With more than 70 store themes to pick from and drag-and-drop functionality, Shopify makes things simple. The fonts, graphics, and colors are all customizable. The website you create also functions flawlessly on mobile devices. You can list limitless number of products.
- – Create a payment plan: Shopify Payments, a distinct service that enables you to accept payments, lets you accept credit cards from clients.
- – Include a Buy button: A product card can be embedded and purchased on a website or social media platform.– Sell via a variety of channels: You’re not limited to selling your goods through your personal website. Shopify allows you to list products on Google, eBay, Tiktok, etc.
- – Set up the POS side if you have a physical store
- – Monitor your business: On desktop and mobile, reports, analytics, and other data are shown on Shopify’s dashboard. The Shopify Mobile app allows you to manage a variety of tasks, including adding product photographs, establishing prices, handling refunds, viewing sales and visitor traffic, receiving order notifications, and corresponding with your team.
- – Service support 24/7
Shopify pricing plan in Thailand
Basic Shopify, Shopify, and Advanced Shopify are the three available plans. Shopify offers a free 3-day trial period during which no need of credit card.
– Basic Shopify ($19/month)
You get all the essentials you need to launch a Shopify store with Basic Shopify. It includes a blog and e-commerce website in addition to giving two of your employees access to Shopify admin and POS.
– Shopify ($49/month)
This subscription provides you with everything you require to expand your business, as well as access to Shopify admin and POS for five of your employees.
– Shopify advanced ($299/ month)
You may upgrade your business with the innovative features that advanced Shopify offers. It has sophisticated report builders and delivery costs determined by outside parties. The access to Shopify admin and POS for 15 of your employees is provided by advanced Shopify.
Learn more about Shopify payment gateway in Thailand.
Who would use Shopify?
Shopify is best suitable for business owners who conduct the most or all of their business online because the majority of its distinctive features are largely applicable to online sales.
Additionally, Shopify’s add-on capabilities may facilitate consumers’ frequent repeat purchases if your business model relies heavily on them. Plus, this may increase customer loyalty and lower the rate of abandoned carts.
Shopify overview in Thailand
According to a report from Store Leads, in the first quarter of 2023, there are 1793 active Shopify stores in Thailand. Regarding the categories for Shopify stores in Singapore, 23% of Shopify stores in Thailand sell clothing products, and 7.8% of Shopify stores in Thailand sell food & drink products. In which, Bangkok is home to 1,032 Shopify stores. 75 Shopify stores are based in Chiang Mai, and Nonthaburi is home to 59 Shopify stores in Thailand. Meanwhile, the most ecommerce store ordered by the worldwide rank of Shopify in Thailand is Moress Charms, established in 2016, ranked 44,386.
Top Shopify store in Bangkok, Thailand
Moress Charms is a Thai brand from Bangkok, the capital city of Thailand that sells fashion jewelry. This Shopify store was set up in 2016, ranked 44,386 in the most ecommerce store ordered by worldwide rank.
The ecommerce website of the big brand Sony in Thailand was created in 2021, which ranked 66,547 in the most ecommerce store ordered by worldwide rank.
This clothing brand store was established in 2017, ranked 156,627 in the most ecommerce stores ordered by worldwide rank.
If you want to start an ecommerce business in Thailand, doing careful research on popular ecommerce building platforms is a must. With Shopify’s user-friendly interface, you can easily build and grow your online store. If you want to hire an ecommerce agency to help you with your Shopify store, Scuti is here to help.